Monday, February 20, 2012

The story of Math Worksheets


         My name is Matthew Cornelius Worksheets, but most people call me Math for short. I’m 14 years old and a freshman in high school but everybody in school knows about me and my reputation. 2 months ago, I was just one of the hundreds of new kids. Now, I’m like the king of the school. Let me tell you how it happened.

Math Worksheets
            It was a warm day in September when I attended Riverdale High School for the first time. The first class on my schedule was Math. The teacher started the class off with an activity to get everybody to learn each others’ names. After that, she started the lesson. I answered almost every question she asked the class, which prompted the other kids to start calling me Math instead of Matthew. Needless to say, I was pretty smart. Smart is maybe not the best word, but I was better than any addition beginner from my class. You suppose that this only got me a reputation as a nerd. How did I become popular?



Nerd reputation



            It all started out when I saw the principal. She was quite a large woman, and her lower body was especially large. I casually mentioned to some of the cool kids that if she sat down she would be taller. The kids all cracked up laughing but a teacher heard me and I got sent to the office. By lunch time that story had made its way around the school and people were starting to know my name.


            That wasn’t enough for me. I learned that the school superintendent was coming to visit. The school would assemble in the auditorium while he gave a speech. I came up with a plan to steal his most prized possession, his toupee. Before the assembly was called, I asked my teacher to go to the bathroom. Instead, I went to the second floor and snuck into the rafters above the stage where the superintendent would be standing. I waited there until everybody was in their seats and the superintendent was standing at his podium. As soon as he started his speech, I swooped down with a rope wearing my batman costume and grabbed the toupee right off his head.

Grab this toupee right off principal's head


            There was a moment of silence at first; I think everybody was trying to process what had just happened. Then everybody just burst out laughing. I had already left the scene of the crime but I could hear the laughter in the hallways. The teachers didn’t think it was so funny, though. Eventually they caught me, but not before I hid the toupee somewhere in the school. They decided to keep me in the principal’s office until I disclosed the location of the hairpiece. I didn’t say a word.


Punishment made by principal


            3:15 came around and the bell rang signifying the end of class. The principal said she would keep me until 4pm then she would have to call my parents. I didn’t know what was going to happen to me if my parents heard about this. I was nervously thinking about all the ways I would get beaten when I heard a chant coming from outside. At first, I couldn’t make out what it was but as the group came closer I was able to hear “FREE MATH WORKSHEETS, FREE MATH WORKSHEETS! WE WON’T EAT UNTIL YOU FREE MATH WORKSHEETS!”



I couldn’t believe it, my fellow classmates were cheering for my liberation. Apparently they had made signs and everything. At the start, there were only a few people protesting but as people walked by they started to join in. Eventually the whole school was protesting for me. The school had no choice but to let me go. 
After that day, I became a legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment